Networker

Re: [Networker] savegrp -O to a non-Default pool

2004-06-28 12:08:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] savegrp -O to a non-Default pool
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:07:59 -0700

> I'm getting ready to upgrade Networker, and I wanted to do one last
> bootstrap/index backup.  When I run a 'savegrp -O', it asks for the
> Default pool, which we don't use in our environment.  I checked the
> savegrp man page, but couldn't find out the way to define a pool for the
> savegrp command.  Obviously, Networker works around this when it
> triggers the savegrp.  What flag am I missing?  Thanks,

No, savegrp doesn't specify pools.

The server looks at the details of what's being saved (group, client,
job, level, ...)  and picks the pool on that basis.

Are you running the same group?  Do you use the 'Default' group in your
environment?  If you do a 'savegrp -p <group>' and 'savegrp -p -O <group>'
do you get the same pools used for the indexes?