Networker

[Networker] Networker / Disk Extender issue...

2004-06-23 10:52:13
Subject: [Networker] Networker / Disk Extender issue...
From: Mark Gelaides <MGelaides AT VITALE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:51:59 -0400
Just curious to see if anobody has impelemted Legato Disk Extender in
their environment.  We implemented it recently, and found that our SAN,
which Networker once backed up in a matter of hours, is now taking close
to 24 hours to do a full backup.   We're concerned that Networker is
backing up the files twice, once when we backup the SAN and once again
when we backup the extended drive. (it looks like it's backing up the
purged files instead of the pointer)  I have opened a case w/ Legato on
this, however I was just curious to see if anybody here ran into any
trouble with this.  Thanks!
-Mark