Networker

[Networker] Reg. Stand-by

2004-06-23 07:48:32
Subject: [Networker] Reg. Stand-by
From: "K.C Rajesh" <kcrajesh AT PINNACLE-IS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 06:58:08 +0530
Hi all

Can I create a standy by Networker server using a spare library / tape
device using the Networker  temporary enablers ? I may need this during
emergencies or outage of the main server.

I understand that the enabler would expire after 45 days but I can reinstall
on requirment and perform a bootstrap recovery.

What are the legal implications of doing this ? Is there a better and cost
effective way to do this (no budgets for another set of licenses).

-Rajesh