Networker

Re: [Networker] Cloning using volume name

2004-06-16 17:13:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cloning using volume name
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:14:44 -0400
That's what I figured. I can see why they changed it. It's kind of
annoying to have the command re-clone savesets that it already cloned on
the first volume. The only reasonable way around that, though, is to
specify all the ssids in an input file. Not tough, but would be so much
easier to just specify the volume name. I could do that, and who cares
about the extra space it would take up with the re-clones, but it won't
be able to clone those 4 "continued from" savesets to the appendable
(30% full) clone volume since those are already on there from volume1.
It will insist on loading a new clone volume, and then it will probably
clone the rest of the stuff to there, too, so I'll end up with two
partially full clone volumes rather than everything going to the one
that's appendable. Guess I better just create the input file of SSIDs
(absent the continued from ones) and run it that way. Guess that's not
so bad.

George