Networker

[Networker] Windows Hidden Files/Directories

2004-06-08 12:17:28
Subject: [Networker] Windows Hidden Files/Directories
From: Randy Doering <rdoering AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 16:17:10 +0000
Greetings:

Environment: Tru64 Unix Cluster Networker Server (5.1B/7.1.1).
Clients: Windows 2000 Servers - Savesets = All.

Everytime a Windows Client is backedup, it first does a backup (always stating
that "No full backups could be located for this saveset, performing a full
backup") of the system files:

SYSTEM STATE:\:
SYSTEM FILES:\:
SYSTEM DB:\:
ASR:\:

and then it proceeds with Drive C:\, D:\, etc and performs full or incremental,
as needed.

When using nwrecover, I'm able to browse to a particular client, and see what
was backed up and the SYSTEM xyz, ASR and the Drives. I am able to browse down
into the Drives folders and pick and chose files to recover. But with the
SYSTEM STATE, FILES, DB and ASR, I can only browse down into a folder and can't
go any further.

An example is the "SYSTEM STATE" folder has a "Registry" folder underneath it,
but that as far as it gets. NSR says that 15 MB was backed up at the time.

In the nwrecover window, the Drives have the "mount point" symbol, while the
SYSTEM STATE, FILES, DB and ASR do not.

Thanks,
Randy

Is there anyway to recover these hidden files, or a better way to back them up
than with "All" as the saveset name?