Networker

Re: [Networker] Adding clients, requiring a restart of Networker server

2004-05-27 19:39:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] Adding clients, requiring a restart of Networker server
From: "Dorn, Jeffrey T. Jr." <jdorn AT GPO DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 19:39:41 -0400
Hi.

Yes, I've seen this same behavior, in the same pattern, 6.1.3.428, Tru64
UNIX. It just started occurring within the last few months. There is a
solution ID in Legato's online knowledge base, I don't know it offhand. If
you search on the error message you'll find it, basically it doesn't offer
any real solution, but it does recognize the condition and identifies what
will be your new working habits when adding new clients. You don't need to
restart the server, but if you wait approximately 5 minutes before running
the savegroup it will complete successfully.

Jeff