Networker

Re: [Networker] Client id -- final question and 2 observations

2004-05-19 17:37:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Client id -- final question and 2 observations
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 17:38:51 -0400
Ah, that's pretty slick, Tim, since the server normally complains about
no known host if you just try to create one that doesn't actually exist,
but two issues there:

1. What about the fact that the 'Enabler in use' field will be 'No' and
the other fields like: 'NetWorker version', 'Client OS type:', etc. will
all be '<none>'. Will that matter for the fake client?

2. If the savesets you want are still in the media database, then why
could you not instead just run run mminfo to get savesets and associated
ssids and then use recover command with -S option, specifying ssid
value(s), without even having to have the fake client at all with that
same name or client id?

I realize that you can't use saveset recover in the GUI unless you
create a client with that name because the savesets won't show up until
the client has been re-created, but maybe recover command would not
require client to exist or even care that client id did not match or
same limitation there, too?

George