Networker

Re: [Networker] Retension issues

2004-05-13 12:32:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] Retension issues
From: Anuj Mediratta <anuj AT ACE-DATA DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 16:32:59 -0000
hi Darren,

This is happenning becuase the index & bootstrap saved on the tape set the
expiration date for the tape to 1 year(retention policy set for Networker
Server). The client save sets being backed up get recycled in 3 days
(retention policy for the client).

Now when the tape is full, it gets marked recyc but does not get expired as
the expiration date is set to 1 year.

Legato Support Center has suggested backing up indexes and bootstrap in a
different media pool.

Regards,
Anuj

On Thu, 13 May 2004 07:43:26 -0700, Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
wrote :

> > No Davina,
> >
> > I have checked this behaviou thotoughly & was communicating this with
Jack &
> > Craig in the list.
> >
> > Actually, it takes the expiration date as per the longest retention
period
> > set for the Networker Server. We have chked this at our office on
Windows &