Networker

[Networker] Distinguishing Physical Devices from Logical Devices

2004-05-13 08:56:27
Subject: [Networker] Distinguishing Physical Devices from Logical Devices
From: "Peter L. Buschman" <plblists AT IOTK DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 14:56:00 +0200
All:

In monitoring drive status, I am running into a problem with configurations
that use SRS (SAN Reservation Service),
and it is that many of the NSR Device records I pull from nsradmin are
logical devices, not physical devices.  In the
NSR Device resources, however, I have not found any fields that indicate
which physical device the logical device
represented.  Is there another command I can run at the same time to
identify which physical device a logical device
was using at the time?

This is from a remote Windows server querying against a Unix Networker server.

--PLB