Networker

[Networker] Summary - Re: [Networker] What speed can we expect on a Gb network?

2004-05-10 11:35:13
Subject: [Networker] Summary - Re: [Networker] What speed can we expect on a Gb network?
From: Michael Hurst <mhurst AT NOC.UTORONTO DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 11:38:33 -0400
Thanks to everyone who replied.

It looks like we should be able to get a higher throughput (60-65MB/sec)
then what we are seeing.

I ran iperf between the client and server with a 52MB/sec result (thanks
Steve for the tip).
Adding for the overhead of multiplexing, indexing, etc, could explain why we
are seeing only 40-43MB/sec.

I will continue to troubleshoot by checking drivers, ftp and Unix cp, and
getting the subnets closer.

Thanks again everyone.

Cheers,
Michael Hurst