Networker

[Networker] Replaced AIT-II drive, now Networker won't mount

2004-05-04 19:02:36
Subject: [Networker] Replaced AIT-II drive, now Networker won't mount
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 18:02:28 -0500
Setup:
Networker 1.6.3 on W2K
Spectralogic 10000 (Bullfrog) with 2 AIT-II tape drives

Today we replaced one of the AIT-II tape drives in our Bullfrog.  Now
Networker won't mount tapes in either of the drives.  We get the following
message:

\\.\Tape0 <\\.\Tape0>  read open error: No media in drive.

Well, when I try to mount it (from Networker) the jukebox does put the tape
into the drive but it's never being read.  This is the case with both the
drive I replaced today on the one that wasn't replaced.

Windows apparently sees the drive ok as it says the device is working
properly.

I suppose the answer is to delete and re-add the jukebox but I thought I'd
see if someone out there had any insight first.

Thanks,
Dave

David Werth
Garmin AT, Inc
(formerly: UPS Aviation Technologies)
(formerly: II Morrow)
Salem, Oregon
dave.werth AT garmin DOT com

use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
Thank you for your cooperation