Networker

Re: [Networker] messages log file

2004-05-02 07:15:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] messages log file
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 07:15:41 -0400
On Sun, 2 May 2004, Anuj wrote:

>Thanks,
>
>I have located this but it is still in an amazing condition. No fresh
>messages have come up after 23/03/2004 whereas nwadmin works there round the
>clock.
>
>At time we have shutdown Legato also but I am sure that is not going to harm
>anything from getting into this file. We keep getting errors, warnings and
>other messages on the screen. Is there any way to check this.

What does your syslog.conf file look like? What do these errors and
warnings on the console say?

>Even the daemon.log is also going too big. The settings mentioned in
>Legato's guide have not helped much either.
>
>Can you help me.

What do you mean by "too big?" How big is too big? The NetWorker software
should roll over its own daemon.log file automaticall so it does not get
too large.

By the way, have you tried to restore any of the disk volumes that
are backed up on your NetWorker servers, as a test? If not, you
should certainly place a high priority on doing so as soon as you
resolve those error and warning conditions.