Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem restoring

2004-04-26 11:37:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem restoring
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 10:43:31 -0400
On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Mark Gosselin wrote:

>Hi List,
>
>I just had to recover from an internal disk failure and am trying to
>restore some file systems. When I try to invoke "nwrecover" on the client,
>I get a message that says:
>
>Cannot start session with server. User root on jackal.netscout.com is not
>on bobcat's remote access list.
>
>Funny thing is that bobcat is a regular client...

Open up nwadmin on your NSR server, select the client entry for bobcat and
than add root AT jackal.netscout DOT com as a remove user. This will initiate
the
autorization you need in order to do the restore. Of course, the success
of your restore depends on restoring to the same type of filesystem as the
original data.