Networker

Re: [Networker] Lost the label on a disk volume.

2004-04-15 10:44:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] Lost the label on a disk volume.
From: Michael Golub <m.s.golub AT LARC.NASA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:34:35 -0400
Is there still a .nsr file in the directory? If not then networker
may have actually backed up the volume file. It's a remote
possibility but worth checking.

Also have the savesets on the disk volume been cloned to tape? If so
just delete the disk volume and recreate it. You still have your data
just slower access to it.

If none of that helps then the following MIGHT work. I've never
tried it and it may mess things up. So use at your own risk...

Delete the volume from the networker database
Create a new file device on a different directory
Label a volume on the new file device with desired volume name/pool etc
Delete the new file device
Copy the volume file from the new file device directory to the old one
Use scanner on the volume to rebuild the media and index databases
Now you should be able to mount and use the volume