Networker

Re: [Networker] mminfo not equal query

2004-04-08 06:40:38
Subject: Re: [Networker] mminfo not equal query
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 07:28:57 +0100
Darren Dunham wrote:
It does, thanks. I have used the newline method before, although I
normally only split it with a newline after each field that might
contain spaces. Perhaps it's simpler your way. I'll examine your code,
that will be useful. Although I've written some reasonably complex Perl
programs myself, Perl is so powerful that I consider myself to be still
learning. I still think in ksh, even though I can see the benefits of
Perl.

If there were only a few pools in the system, I would probably run one
query to list them all, then run multiple 'mminfo' for each of the
pools.  Slightly longer, but very safe.

If there were so many pools that I didn't want to do that, I'd probably
do something similar to your first suggestion.

Put pool at the beginning with a sufficiently large field size and take
it off with substr.  Then split on whitespace for everything after that.
You could put pool anywhere in the line if mminfo would always give you
the space you asked for in a field... (it doesn't).  Putting it first
avoids that issue.

Thanks to you and Thierry for the code extracts, IMO that is well beyond
the call of duty. Very useful ideas here, no doubt I shall use some of
them in the future.

The answer to my problem has just come to me in a flash. The answer is
to a different problem. :-)
I can filter out the save sets I don't want in another way. All the save
sets I'm trying to exclude are in my Offsite pool, which has the "store
index entries" flag set to no on all my servers. So all I need to do is
add the flag "!recoverable". I already have "!ssrecycle" in my query
too. What is left is browseable save sets, these are what I want to see.

Thanks for all the ideas (and the fish).