Networker

Re: [Networker] mminfo not equal query

2004-04-05 15:33:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] mminfo not equal query
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 18:58:45 +0100
Philippe Michel wrote:
Davina Treiber wrote:

I'm trying to do an mminfo query that basically queries "pool not equal to
xyz". I've tried:

mminfo -q "!pool=xyz"
mminfo -q "pool!=xyz"

and neither have had the desired effect. The man page sort of says that the
former might work, but doesn't exactly say that it will.

After an experience similar as yours, my understanding is that ! works only for flag attributes and
that "!attribute" is only a shorthand for "attribute=false".

The man page is not very clear, but it does not say that ! negates whatever
expression follows it, merely that :

                                     When comparing  flags  whose
     values   are   normally   `true'   and   `false',   one  may
     alternatively use the `[ ! ] name' syntax.  The `!name' form
     is  equivalent  to  `name=false',  and  `name'  by itself is
     equivalent  to  `name=true'.

As I thought, the ! operator isn't going to help me is it? I was hoping
that someone would know how to do a "not equal" query, you would expect
it should be possible.