Networker

[Networker] mminfo and fragflags

2004-04-04 13:38:50
Subject: [Networker] mminfo and fragflags
From: Olaf Zaplinski <o.zaplinski AT BROADNET-MEDIASCAPE DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 19:39:20 +0200
Hi all,

when I ask my server with mminfo for the reportspec

client,name,totalsize,fragflags,fragsize,ssid

I see that at least one ssid is on the same volume several times with
fragflags of cb, mb and tb. Why this? AFAIK this means that one ssid is
sitting entirely on one volume, but is fragmented into several parts. I
could think of a volume that was written to with several save streams at
once, but for this volume this is not the case; the client was backup'ed to
a file device and staged to this volume then.

Can anyone tell me if I misunderstood something?

Olaf