Networker

[Networker] restore to different location:Solution from Peter Murphy

2004-03-30 16:06:03
Subject: [Networker] restore to different location:Solution from Peter Murphy
From: me <lkme4me AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 13:05:53 -0800
Solution from Peter Murphy

In the Admin GUI, click on the client you want to
restore FROM, and
under Remote Access, add the machine you want to
restore TO.
I believe you said the backup server.

Then on the machine you're going to do the restore TO,
start the
recovery GUI, (nwrecover in Unix), and when you click
on Change ->
Client -> Update Client List, your other server should
show up.
Click on the old server and it's information should
show up in the
window.  You then choose the data, mark it and before
clicking Start,
click Options -> Relocate.

The Relocate Data To is where you tell it on what
folder to put the
data in. It has to be on the machine you're restoring
to, so it has to be
local.

My error: just didn't trust that the "restore to"
location was going to know to go to my server and not
fail on attempting to locating the original client
that no longer exists :-\

thanks again to everyone who responded.