Networker

Re: [Networker] restore to different location

2004-03-30 12:08:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] restore to different location
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 12:08:46 -0500
On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, me wrote:

>I hope this question is easier to answer than some of
>my past questions....
>
>Simply, I have data from a client machine that no
>longer exists that I need to restore to a different
>machine (to the server running networker)
>
>This seems that it would be pretty simple but I cannot
>figure out where I specify the new machine
>name/directory to "restore" to??
>
>I am sure I am just over looking something simple,
>maybe it is the lack of sleep....
>
>Any help would be wonderfull and as always THANK
>YOU!!!

Look up "directed restore" in the administrator's guide. The way I do
directed restores is to log onto the machine on which I want the data to
be restored, then I do something along the lines of:

  recover -c old-client-name -s NSR-server-name

See the man page for the "recover" utility for details.

You also need to open up the NetWorker Administrator GUI and then open up
the old client's client resource, and add the userid@hostname for the new
client in order to authorize the new client to restore files that belong
to the old client.