Networker

[Networker] Windows client priority

2004-03-19 11:19:51
Subject: [Networker] Windows client priority
From: Dave Mussulman <mussulma AT CS.UIUC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:19:43 -0600
Is there a way to lower the priority/processing of the Windows backup
client during a backup, so it doesn't bog down the system so much?

We run a savegroup at noon each day to backup the laptops that people
take home overnight (when the rest of our backups usually run.)  Some of
these users have complained their systems become unusable for 10-15
minutes during the backup, and I wondered if there was a client setting
I hadn't found to minimize the impact on the system?  (Short of obvious
things like not backing up the entire system, etc.)

TIA,
Dave