Networker

Re: [Networker] Database backup

2004-03-12 13:41:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Database backup
From: "Shannon L. Ward" <sward AT RACKSPACE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 12:41:03 -0600
If you are using the "alter database open resetlogs" after putting your
database into archivelog mode each time, I belive that invalidates your
previous backups because your database will be considered a new incarnation
by Oracle each time.  I don't think you can apply archive logs from separate
database incarnations, although I've never tried.

--Shannon Ward