Networker

Re: [Networker] Client query on NSRADMIN

2004-03-11 01:58:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] Client query on NSRADMIN
From: Byron Servies <bservies AT PACANG DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:58:45 -0800
On Mar 10, 2004, at 10:35 PM, Riaan Louwrens wrote:

Hi,

Trying to run a "simple" nsradmin query - we have a client that is not
in
use anymore but it is takign up a client license (as seen when
networker
starts up - and in the "enabler in use" = yes field).

I can delete, restart networker and then re-create the client with the
same
client-id which will reset this value. (a hidden and unchangeable vaue
from
within the admin gui).

Surely it must be "editable" from nsradmin ?

nsradmin> show enabler in use
nsradmin> print type: type; name: NSR client

will show you the type information for the NSR client resource; I'm
going from memory so I apologize if the above does not work perfectly.
The field information for the enabler in use field will show you if it
is read only or not.  It should also be listed in the nsr_client manual
page.

If it is read only, you should look at nsrlic and see if that has
options to do this.

I have queried the NSR client resource to "show all" and I can see the
field
"enabler in use" : Yes (which changes to No when I do the editing).

Now what I am tryign to do to is to only see the values for one
particular
client by: show name: client

The show command tells nsradmin what field to display for future
queries.  To display, say, just the name and the 'enabler in use'
fields, try:

nsradmin> show name; enabler in use;
nsradmin> print type: nsr client; name: client

and see if that doesn't do the trick for you.  And, yes, after that you
can do an update.

HTH,

Byron