Networker

Re: [Networker] free Resources for Networker?

2004-03-09 08:30:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] free Resources for Networker?
From: Wolfgang Lonien <wolfgang.lonien AT FRESENIUS-MCM DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 14:30:07 +0100

Hi Maarten,

thanks for your answer first.

> Start with building a server
> [snip]

I did everything until here already.

> If OK:
>       modify clients (how often full, incremental ...)

Ok; it's here where I run into problems. My boss came up with a backup
strategy (like one full backup per week, rest incremental, make a copy
of the full and take it elsewhere, make another copy each 4 weeks and
*store* them elsewhere... and so on) - and now I try to figure out how
to "translate" that concept into Networker. Often when you read the
manuals, you think: "aaahh!", but when you have a specific problem, it's
not easy to find an answer to that.

Like it doesn't let me make different pools which have the same
settings... (for the weekly and the copy of the weekly for instance). If
I try to work with 'clones', the questions get just overwhelming - hey,
I just wanna make backups!

> are you using Exchange and SQL modules as well?

yes - tho I'm far from using them yet...

> do you want archiving ?

yes, like you figured out through my previous explanations maybe...

> just some ideas, if you need more substantial info dont
> hesitate, my timezone is similar to yours, Amsterdam

thanks again - I really can need help here...

Greetings from Bremen (not *that* far ;-),
wjl aka Wolfgang Lonien