Networker

Re: [Networker] Excluding files during an incremental

2004-03-05 13:14:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] Excluding files during an incremental
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 09:15:40 -0800
> Hi all,
>

> I've been puzzling over this problem for a few days and haven't thought of
> a way around it. I would like to restrict a particular subfolder of
> (archives) from being backed up during an incremental, and only let them
> get backed up on a full, i.e
>
> /home/username/   gets backed via an incremental every night
> /home/username/archive  only gets backed up during a full over the weekend
>

> Is this at all possible ?

Depends on how you set it up.

If you have two different client instances with one doing the
incrementals and the other the fulls, then you could attach two
different directives to them.

I don't know any way you could do that on the client itself (via .nsr
files), since the directives don't seem to care about level or group or
anything like that.

> Networker 6.1.4 running on Tru64
> Client 7.0 running on Redhat 8.0

You have a client that's newer than the server?  I didn't think that was
supposed to work well.