Networker

[Networker] NetWorker Reporter 4.0.4 crashing on "GET_TAPE VOLACCESS undefined "

2004-03-02 15:20:12
Subject: [Networker] NetWorker Reporter 4.0.4 crashing on "GET_TAPE VOLACCESS undefined "
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <thierry.faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 21:20:04 +0100
Dears,

I have received notifications NetWorker Reporter to crash with

Dump GET GET_TAPE VOLACCESS undefined YY -1880 MM -1 DD  HH  MM  SS

This is NOT a problem with the -D flag. Reading the log, it is said that
Date VOLACCESS="undefined"

In fact, this problem is not a NetWorker Reporter bug but a Legato bug :
Labeled and unused tapes to have undefined volaccess time
reported by mminfo.

I will post a bypass to that problem but the REAL solution is to go to 7.1
or higher:

I can do a lot of things but I am also suffering of bugs afew people to have
noticed.
The problem is also present with NSR7.0 (initial release).

You can verify it by running a mminfo request like
# mminfo -a -r "volume,barcode,volaccess" |grep -i undef

I'll send an update with "workarounded" hot-fix loacation.

Thierry