Networker

Re: [Networker] Adding a new client with old name?

2004-02-26 17:49:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] Adding a new client with old name?
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:49:13 -0600
George,

We recently upgraded our file/print server from Windows NT 4.0 to W2K on new
hardware.  We even reconfigured the drives so what was the D: drive on the
old system became the F: drive on the new one (and we left the CD/DVD drive
as D:).  We retained the original node name and IP address.

On the advice of Davina Treiber I did nothing other than a full backup after
the change and we've had no problems.

Just today I had to restore a file from the old D: drive and even though it
showed up as a CD drive in the restore GUI I was able to find and restore
the file (to a new location of course) without a problem.

Dave

David Werth
Garmin AT, Inc
(formerly: UPS Aviation Technologies)