Networker

[Networker] nm sap oracle microsoft cluster

2004-02-20 12:39:31
Subject: [Networker] nm sap oracle microsoft cluster
From: Joseph Tan <joseph AT SOFTSOURCE.COM DOT SG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:38:59 -0500
Greetings,

We installed nm sap r3 oracle windows version 3 for both physical nodes on
microsoft cluster environment.  We created two physical nodes as clients in
order to initiate sap scheduled backup from networker server for sap and
oracle database residing on the virtual disk.  Question:
1) Do I schedule to initiate schedule backup for the primary sap server
only?  Initiating both physical nodes in cluster environment will back up
shared disk twice!
2) If initiate once, does it mean in a fail over, we have to manually
disable and enabler the primary and secondary schedule backup
respectively?

Anyway to automate backup via secondary nodes in a fail over, yet not
backing virtual disk twice via both nodes?

Thank u.

Rgds: Joseph