Networker

Re: [Networker] Order of installation/removal for license manager package?

2004-02-20 04:18:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] Order of installation/removal for license manager package?
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 07:35:38 +0000
George Sinclair wrote:

When upgrading from 6.1.1 to 6.1.4, should I remove the license manager
package (LGTOlicm) on the primary server (Solaris)? Is this necessary?
If so, what order?

Of course. You wouldn't want to use the 6.1.1 licence manager with your
other packages at 6.1.4. All the packages need to be upgraded
simultaneously. Why would you even consider keeping one package of a
suite at a lower level?

When installing, the manual says to install in following order:

LGTOclnt
LGTOdrvr
LGTOnode
LGTOserv
LGTOman
LGTOlicm

I thought that packages should be removed/installed in reverse order
respectively, the exception being the man pages which can be
installed/removed at any point, but they say to remove all packages run:

pkgrm LGTOserv LGTOnode LGTOlicm LGTOman LGTOdrvr LGTOclnt

Seems that LGTOlicm should come first, not third, since they say to
install it last. Kinda confusing here. Can anyone clear this up?

AIUI if you put them all on the same line for a simultaneous uninstall,
it will sort out the dependencies for itself.