Networker

Re: [Networker] command to deposit volumes into jukebox?

2004-02-20 04:11:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] command to deposit volumes into jukebox?
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 07:49:19 +0000
Tim Mooney wrote:
In regard to: Re: [Networker] command to deposit volumes into jukebox?,...:

If I *don't* do that, nsrjb gives me that *interactive* message that Evan
showed in his original message.  As I recall (it's been months or years
since I had to start working around this problem, so my memory is hazy),
if you don't *specifically* list a slot to deposit to, NetWorker *will*
find a slot for you and deposit the volume, but then it spits out that
interactive message and waits for confirmation.

You can turn off the interactive message with the -N command. I find
that a simple nsrjb -dN will deposit all tapes in the CAP if there are
available library slots. Adding the -v helps to know where they've gone
in case you want to inventory them or label them. This simple script
might help too.

#!/bin/ksh

# Script to deposit tapes into the jukebox
# The nsrjb -d command does all that is necessary to deposit tapes with
# no further parameters. The complication is that the tapes need to be
# inventoried after depositing. By using the -v parameter, the list of
# slots deposited into can be obtained. This list may include some
# empty slots from empty CAP slots, but this does not cause a problem.

# Deposit any/all tapes
echo "Depositing tapes from CAP"
SLOTS=$(nsrjb -dNv 2>&1 |grep "^box_deposit: slot " | cut -d\` -f2 \
| cut -d\' -f1)

# SLOTS now contains a list of slots which may have had tapes deposited
into them
# in the above operation. Some of these slots may be empty, this is not
a problem.
for S in $SLOTS; do
        echo "Inventorying tape in JB slot $S"
        # The inventory command below also updates the location field
        nsrjb -IE -S $S
done