Networker

Re: [Networker] command to deposit volumes into jukebox?

2004-02-19 18:37:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] command to deposit volumes into jukebox?
From: Joseph Ortiz <jortiz AT HOUSTON.RR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 17:37:32 -0600
Tim,

It still is possible to specify a CAP port range when depositing tapes.  I
don't know what version of NetWorker you are using but when using NetWorker
6.1.3 or 6.1.4 on either Unix or Windows servers, I can still specify a CAP
port range with the -P parameter as well as giving it a target slot range to
choose from.  But in general we just specify nsrjb -d and then re-inventory the
libraries.

Normally nsrjb -d simply empties all tapes it finds in the CAP to any availalbe
slots in the library.  This is an operation I do regularly in working with
multiple libraries from different vendors.  In the case where you specify a
target slot range with the -S parameter, NetWorker will normally look for any
open slots in the range specified and skip over slots that are full.

Joseph Ortiz
DSMCS, Inc.