Networker

[Networker] laptop skeds (eg fulls when there's been no full recently)

2004-02-19 14:14:20
Subject: [Networker] laptop skeds (eg fulls when there's been no full recently)
From: steve rader <rader AT GINSENG.HEP.WISC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:02:17 -0600
Is it possible to force a full backup when there's been no
full since, say, the first Friday of this month?

I have a "laptop" group where the clients almost always fail.
If they're up, and haven't had a full since the first Friday of
the month, I'd like them do get a full backup.

Perhaps folks have other strategies for ensuring recent full
backups of systems that are not usually connected?

I guess I could put some laptops in the "mostly here" bucket
with my usual sked and some in the "rarely here" bucket with
a full every day sked.  But it seems there ought to be a more
intelligent way.

steve
- - -