Networker

Re: [Networker] Schedule configuration?

2004-02-18 11:18:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] Schedule configuration?
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:17:57 -0800

>   Currently I have about 200 clients set up and 10 groups.  Each client
> is specifically configured for a schedule but they need to be changed so
> the all the clients in specific groups run at the same times.

I don't understand..  A client "schedule" determines what level it will
use during the backup, not when it will run (unless you're talking about
a client being "skip"ed).

Why do you need to change the schedule to get them to run at the same
time?  That should already be happening.

> Is it possible to set groups to run at a specific time and set
> "default" for the clients so that when it changes I don't have to go
> and change every one by hand again?

Groups do run at a specific time, regardless of schedule.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what your actual problem is.