Networker

[Networker] Recycling and Re-Using Tapes

2004-02-16 18:33:29
Subject: [Networker] Recycling and Re-Using Tapes
From: Steve <Steve.Andreassend AT ESERVGLOBAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 07:52:31 -0500
Hi,

We have a server running Networker and there is a simple 1 tape DLT drive.

We do not have any personnel available to switch tapes on a regular basis,
so the tape can fill up every 14 days or so.

Each day we make a full backup, and we do not need to keep the previous
day's full backup.

How can I configure Legato to delete old save sets from the previous days
backup after the current days backup has successfully completed, that way
the tape will never fill up.

Or do all the save sets on the tape need to be marked as recyclable first
before the tape can be re-used?  In this situation, the last full backup
will be erased before the new full backup can be created.

Thanks,
Steve