Networker

[Networker] Multiple Save Sets on one client

2004-02-12 09:16:56
Subject: [Networker] Multiple Save Sets on one client
From: Ray Pengelly <ray AT BIOMED.QUEENSU DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 09:16:28 -0500
I'm trying to create save sets for our servers and clients and I am trying
to keep redundant backups to a minimum. Here's what I have and am trying to
do:

3 Solaris Servers: 2 are Data servers (NFS and SAMBA) one is NIS+ and mail.

NIS+ server has home directories and mail stored on a local hard drive.

Data1 and Data2 both have external arrays. These are pure file servers -no
databases etc.

I want to backup the data drives full once a week and incremental daily. - I
have this save set created.

I want to backup the System State of Data1 and Data2 once a week as changes
to configuration are rare.

I want to backup the NIS+/email server daily so disaster recovery is easy.
(I can use the ALL save set here)

For the Data1 and Data2 if I use the ALL save set they will backup the
external arrays too.

The documentation says ALL backs up all filesystems in /etc/vfstab. Does
this include /var /tmp /swap? Or do I just need to backup / ?

TIA

Ray

Ray Pengelly

Computing Support Technologist