Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker and NetWare 6.5 SP1a

2004-02-04 07:53:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker and NetWare 6.5 SP1a
From: Julian Waltham <julian.waltham AT EKHT.NHS DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 12:53:17 +0000
On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 20:25, Tony Skalski wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> We will be updating a few NetWare 6 SP3 servers to NetWare 6.5 SP1a.
>
> Has anybody seen any issues running Networker on NetWare 6.5?
 there was some talk about performance [25-30% worse than netware
6]issues in the list around  10 Dec 2003. and the 4.21 client not being
supported on netware 6.5.
we have tested the new tsafs and it incredibly quick compared to tsa600,
but networker does not take advantage of this.
i also heard that no one at legato has spoken to the sms team at novell
since before the emc buyout.
begs the question are legato really bothered about netware?

> Thanks,
>
> ajs
> --
> Tony Skalski
> Systems Administrator
> 507-646-3227
> ajs AT stolaf DOT edu
> St. Olaf College                   1510 St. Olaf Avenue
> Information and                          Northfield, MN
> Instructional Technologies                   55057-1097
>
> --
Julian Waltham
julian.waltham AT ekht.nhs DOT uk
julian.waltham AT nhs DOT net
Senior Novell & NT Support Officer
Department of Information Management & Technology
Kent and Medway Health Informatics Service
Kent and Canterbury Hospital
East Kent Hospitals NHS Trust
Ethelbert Road
Canterbury
Kent CT1 3NG

Office: 01227 766877  ext:74574
Direct Line: 01227 783189
Mob:    07867780496
FAX:     01227 783085

Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of East Kent Hospitals NHS Trust.  If
you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing
or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify the system
manager at the following email address: root.postmaster AT ekht.nhs DOT uk

www.kentandmedway.nhs.uk

This footnote also confirms that although this email message has been
swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses, it is strongly
recommended that you carry out your own virus scan of this
message and any attachments.

www.mimesweeper.com