Networker

Re: [Networker] Command line for deleting file & media index entr ies

2004-02-02 23:50:44
Subject: Re: [Networker] Command line for deleting file & media index entr ies
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 20:50:46 -0800

> The purpose is to remove the tapes from the file & media database. My server
> also happens to run on Windows 2000 instead of Unix, although I haven't seen
> that make too much difference at the Networker command line level.

The networker commands (nsrmm/nsrjb) will be similar, but the syntax
around them was UNIX shell, which won't be on a windows box normally.

I might install perl and use that, or use cygwin or some other bash
installation.  I have no idea if you can do execution loops like the
examples in windows bat files or not.

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company