Networker

Re: [Networker] Performace isssues with LTO 2 Ultrium and unable to write to all tapes at same time

2004-01-11 17:37:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Performace isssues with LTO 2 Ultrium and unable to write to all tapes at same time
From: Alex Theodore <alex AT FUZZYCHEESE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 17:38:24 -0500
I was mistakened.. the SCSI layout is like so..

-   robot is on its own single ended scsi bus
-   there are two drives per controller, of which the controller is a
dual-channel with each drive on its own channel

-   The trunking software doesn't seem to make a difference as far as the
througput goes.  We are considering changing it out for a Fibre-Channel cards
instead (perhaps two 2gb Fibre Channel Qlogic cards)  At that point it may be
worth while to configure the client as a storage node and do san backups.

-   I'll have to check out the other stuff ..

Thanks !

Alex Theodore
alex AT fuzzycheese DOT com
Boca Raton, FL  USA