Networker

[Networker] NW Management Console, features work only for some servers

2004-01-07 07:27:02
Subject: [Networker] NW Management Console, features work only for some servers
From: Thomas Staudenmaier <thomas.staudenmaier AT ZKD.BWL DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 07:26:56 -0500
Hello there,
there is an issue I have with the NetWorker Management Console.
I try to administer serveral Networker Servers within the NW Management
Console. It is possible to connect to all of them and edit NW resources.
But there are diffenences:
- For one set NW Servers I cannot display the Volumes information (but it
displays Label Templates and Media Pools)
- The same set of servers is missing when I try to create any NetWorker
Backup Statistics report. This servers do not appear in the Server Name
Available list. On the other hand all servers are available for NetWorker
Backup Status reports.

Beyond this two issues I haven't yet found any diffenent behaviour.

I tried to avoid all (?) obvious errors (enabled administrative access to
the Console [[email protected]] on all NW servers, the GST_AUTH_BY_USER
environment variable is not set).

The console server runs Windows2000 and NW 7.1, the NW servers are all
Windows2000 and NW 7.0; the NW Management Console is version 3.0.

I'd appreciate any ideas on how to get Volumes information and backup
reports for all servers.
Thank you.

Thomas Staudenmaier, ZKD Stuttgart
Germany