Networker

Re: [Networker] SDLT320 Support with Solstice Backup 6.1 Build 186

2004-01-05 19:30:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] SDLT320 Support with Solstice Backup 6.1 Build 186
From: John Herlihy <johnh AT XSIDATA.COM DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 11:28:18 +1100
to make sure your st driver actually *does* have the SDLT320 config
bits, try running:
strings /kernel/drv/st | grep 320

If you see it come up with lines showing something along the lines of
"QUANTUM SDLT320" then at least the driver's alright.

What about if you run inquire - does it actually see the SDLT320?
If it can't, do a boot -r from the OK prompt and see how you go then.

Also - are you running mt status for the correct tape device? I believe
"mt status" will only give you the status of the first tape drive.. if
the SDLT320 is /dev/rmt/1cbn, then you'll need to run "mt -f
/dev/rmt/1cbn status".

The SDLT320 device was only introduced in Networker v6.1.3 (I believe),
but you should be able to just configure it with "sdlt" for the time
being as Darren said.. setting it to "DLT" won't make any difference.

HTH,
John