Networker

Re: [Networker] Free backup software?

2003-12-19 08:41:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Free backup software?
From: Les Yaw <yawles AT LUTHER DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 07:39:44 -0600
Hi Davina,

Thank you in advance for your many sound recommendations in your posts to
this list serve.  I hope my reply will help your search.  On our campus
desktop image, we include "GRBackPro" as our standard backup utility.  It
will write to DVD's, CD's, Zips, etc.  We do not use it on campus to talk
to a jukebox, so I can not make a recommendation on that end.

GR BackPro uses Open File Manager.

It's worked flawlessly for us.  Easy to understand.  And, it's about $60
for a personal license.  (See link:
http://www.grsoftware.net/backup/software/grbackpro.html )

With what your friend would save on software license, perhaps a DVD/R-/R+
writer (under $300) would keep him safe and sane?
Happy holidays!

Les Yaw
Luther College
Decorah, IA   52101