Networker

Re: [Networker] Running the library picker/changer on its own SCSI channel?

2003-12-10 06:26:51
Subject: Re: [Networker] Running the library picker/changer on its own SCSI channel?
From: Olaf Zaplinski <o.zaplinski AT BROADNET-MEDIASCAPE DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:26:38 +0100
George Sinclair wrote:
So it sounds like you're saying that performance was degraded when you
had all the drives and the picker sharing the same channel but when you
put the picker on a separate card/channel the performance increased?

Hmm, I have not done a performance test when picker and tape drive were on
the same bus. I was too much afraid of getting garbage on our tapes because
one drive was logged on as 8 bit.

[...]
Do you think we need to have the pickers on their own channel or
actually have them on their own bus apart from the buses that the drives
are using?

I think it is a good idea not to have picker and drive(s) on the same SCSI
channel.

Regards
Olaf