Networker

Re: [Networker] Tape Positioning by Record is Disabled on AIT Drives??????

2003-12-09 17:04:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] Tape Positioning by Record is Disabled on AIT Drives??????
From: Chad Smykay <csmykay AT RACKSPACE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 16:03:49 -0600
I am sorry to say my friend that re-labeling does not suffice.  When you
"re-label" a volume in networker it does not write back over the labeled
block size set for that tape.  OHHH GOD HOW I WISH IT DID!  In fact I am
planning on putting in an RFE for this.  I mean if the Legato is a tape
backup software would it not be nice if you could tell it or check off an
option like "Re-write label."  That would just make to much sense.
Otherwise we have been doing the same thing you have.  Rewind tape tar some
data to it then have NetWorker re-label the volume.

Hope my experience helps

Chad Smykay, RHCE
Systems Storage Administrator
Rackspace Managed Hosting (TM)