Networker

Re: [Networker] index save: unknown error 193 (0xc1) on NW 6.2/NT4.

2003-12-03 13:06:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] index save: unknown error 193 (0xc1) on NW 6.2/NT4.
From: Gary Goldberg <og AT DIGIMARK DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 13:05:09 -0500
On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Davina Treiber wrote:
>> Networker 6.2 server on NT4 SP6a server, AIT-1 Treefrog jukebox. Every index
>> backup plus all partitions on the nsrserver host fail with the subject line
>> error. All other operations normal.

> What do you get when you run a save -vvv on the NW server?

Interestingly enough, the backups for tuba (the nsrserverhost) work when I run
them manually. (I didn't have a good backup of this system until today, so that
in itself is a breakthrough... thank you 8-):

(From a command prompt window.)

   save -vvv -s tuba -l full -b DigiMark -g Default C:\               (worked)
   save -vvv -s tuba -l full -b DigiMark -g Default D:\               (worked)
   save -vvv -s tuba -l full -b DigiMark -g Default "SYSTEM STATE:"   (worked)
   save -vvv -s tuba -l full -b DigiMark -g Default "REPAIRDISK:"     (worked)

but fail when run as part of the group "Default". (from group detail)

   tuba.digimark.net:C:\ 1 retry attempted
   tuba.digimark.net:C:\ No full backups of this save set were found in the
                         media database; performing a full backup
   tuba.digimark.net:C:\ save" unknown error 193 (0xc1)

In addition to the nsrserverhost partitions, the individual client indices
also fail with the same error. All the index files are in

     tuba:D:\index\clientname

where the clientname is the client hostname. So would a clean backup of the
D:\ partition capture the indices in a usable state, or do I still need to
find a way to backup the client indices, assuming I can't solve the unknown
error 193 problem?

For that matter, what would the save command be, to backup a client index? -Gary

--
-- "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." - Anais Nin
Gary Goldberg KA3ZYW <og AT digimark DOT net> V:301/249-6501 F:301/390-1955