Networker

Re: [Networker] Advice on a specs for a Sun

2003-12-03 05:31:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] Advice on a specs for a Sun
From: Howard Martin <howard.martin AT EDS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 05:32:14 -0500
Just to add do get a Sun server with the ultraIII sparc pref 900MHz your
gigabit transfer will be limited by the processor speed below this and the
Networker server performance seems to be dependant on the single nsrd
process so a fast proccessor would help it. I don't think you'd get better
performance with more than 2 cpu's on the storage node and you probably
won't notice much differece on the server with more than one processor.