Networker

Re: [Networker] recover - list file

2003-11-28 11:06:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] recover - list file
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 11:06:43 -0500
You don't by any chance have a directive set up to skip some of this
stuff, do you? Like maybe two instances of the client wherein one
instance skips it and another instance grabs it? Anything going on there
with directives, client side .nsr files, etc.?

Also, have you tried to replicate this using nwrecover? Do you see the
files when you go there and do it that way? The one thing I've seen
before, at least from an nwrecover perspective, is that if you're
skipping the directory that the files are contained under under one
client instance, but you're grabbing them via another instance of the
client, then you will not see the files when you run nwrecover, but you
might see them if you actually specify the full path. One way around
this is to change the 'skip' to a 'null' so an entry will be made but it
will still avoid backing it up.

George