Networker

Re: [Networker] How to automate cloning after command line save?

2003-11-26 04:30:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to automate cloning after command line save?
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 08:50:02 +0000
George Sinclair wrote:

Just curious if it's possible to automate the cloning of a saveset after
the save command completes? I know it can be done from the gui by
setting the clone pool under the affected group, but if you're running a
save command from the command line, is there any way to do this aside
from just creating a script and having the script query the database for
the ssid and then have the script run the nsrclone command against it?

Well no, because the functionality you describe is part of savegrp (on
the NW server), and by doing a client side save you are working at a
much lower level, so the functionality is not there.

I see that there's a -g group option for save but seems like you'd have
to have the savesets already listed under the given client in nwadmin to
make it work.

The -g option only makes sense when the save is running from a group, it
helps the server match a save to a running group. It is probably also
used to populate the group field in mminfo, but again would not make a
lot of sense if used from a save command that is not part of a group.

I can't hard code it ahead of time because this will be
running out of cron nightly. The script will back up and clone whatever
it finds in this one particular directory that matches a specific naming
convention but only if it's not yet been backed up or was but failed or
was incomplete. This is why I need to run it from a script. I want the
script to clone the saveset after it backs it up, so I was wondering if
I could get NetWorker to do it all from one command.

No, since you are not using the part of NetWorker that can do this, you
have to do it yourself.