Networker

Re: [Networker] wild cards with mminfo?

2003-11-25 18:12:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] wild cards with mminfo?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:11:57 -0500
I guess I'm just in the habit of not setting up indexing on static data
that we run one-time fulls on since these guys are typically rather
large directories, so this does conserve space on the client's index. As
such, I'm in the mind frame to simply turn it off on all static fulls
even though in this case they're single files, and they're only backed
up a few a month. Actually, it's the pools that we send static data to
that I tend turn indexing off on, so it's just a habit. Seems easy
enough to run saveset recover if anyone needed anything since all the
savesets are named in a manner to make them easily identifiable. In the
case of a directory, we'd just recover the whole thing even though they
might only need one file. They don't mind waiting, and at some point it
would no longer be in the index anyway since it's static. All it would
buy us is the browse policy which is 2 months, and in most cases it's
worth the savings.

George