Networker

Re: [Networker] Inventory loads tapes into drives..

2003-11-18 17:30:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] Inventory loads tapes into drives..
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:30:33 -0800
> During testing, I'm -w(ithdrawing) two volumes into the CAP, then I
> -d(eposit) them back into empty slots, then I -I(nventory) them.

Whoops.  My testing and my description got a little screwed up here.
Apparantly I was also changing the location of the tapes after the
withdrawal.  According to some email I received, that is the reason that
the inventory forces a load.  Disappointing, but that's that.

I'm now trying to decide whether it's better to live with the time loss,
or whether I want to try to read the barcode myself and reset the
location before then inventory.

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company