Networker

[Networker] AW: [Networker] AW: [Networker] Saveset Recovery from Include files

2003-11-18 11:06:11
Subject: [Networker] AW: [Networker] AW: [Networker] Saveset Recovery from Include files
From: Hrvoje Crvelin <Hcrvelin AT ORCHESTRA DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:06:01 +0100
> However on the remote site, when i attempt to recover these index files to
> either thier
> orginal location i.e. /nsr/index/nas-aus-dg1,/nsr/index/nas-aus-dg2 etc). The
> are not recovered, only the orginal include file (/nsr/res/include_file) is
> restored.
You got me again :)... When you say remote site does this mean another backup
machine
or just another target (client) of original backup machine?  Also, if I read
this correctly, you
do NOT get index files restored (or directory) but include_file itself!?
(forget my wondering
and read further - at that moment I didn't see what I saw later).

> Could you please share with me how you were able to be successful on your
> end. i.e
> just let me preview the nsradmin output of the test client setup.
I just did a simple test, no concept here.  Also, what do you need NSR cleint
set up for
if you run save -i -I path_to_include_file from command line?  It doesn't
matter what
you have in client as long as you run this from command line and not via
savegrp AFAIK.

Now, if you you run this from group it is a little bit different (where the
line you mentioned
would be part of backup command line).  In that case save set name would be
what is
you save set (and if you have multiple save sets you would have multiple saves
of your
index if I remeber correctly).  For example, if my saveset is C:\PUTTY.RND and
backup
command is save -i -I E:\include-file when running savegrp -vvv GROUPNAME I can
see
that index files will be saved under the name of C:\PUTTY.RND.  mminfo does
confirm that.

recover as used by you will bring back only C:\PUTTY.RND.  I guess now we have
what
you are talking about.  Beats me.  The difference here and before is that I was
not using
savegrp and client's backup command field but save from command line.  You may
try it
to confirm it.

Now, is this bug?  I would say yes.  Is there a workaround.  From quick test I
would say
also yes.  First, you may wish to use only command line.  It rulez anyway :)...
 Second,
you may wish to run recover, cd to your index dir, set relocate option and then
run
restore - in my case it works (I removed earlier succesfful test so that I make
no
mistake).

My test was done with NetWorker 7.1.  As it seems, relocate when using this
combination
(savegrp+ -I + -f restore) doesn't work expected.  But there are workarounds.
You may
try and see if it works for you.

Cheers,
Hrvoje