Networker

[Networker] RPC Error: Unable to send

2003-11-17 16:46:07
Subject: [Networker] RPC Error: Unable to send
From: "Wayne A. Fischer" <wafischer AT ECON.UCDAVIS DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 13:46:01 -0800
I'm having difficulty backing up a client to my Networker server.

[CLIENT]
The client is a Dell PowerEdge running Windows Server 2003.
I have Legato Networker User version 7.0 Build 322 installed.
The client runs SQL Server 2000, fully patched and I am running
Legato SQL module version 3.22 installed on this client.

[SERVER]
The server is a Dell PowerEdge running Windows Server 2003.
I have Legato Networker Administrator version 7.0 Build 322 installed on
this machine.

I've had problems with the client in the past (incorrectly configured
DNS).
The Client has 2 NIC's in it, 10.0.0.11 and 10.0.0.12.  I only use
10.0.0.12 to backup and in DNS I have all host names and aliases
pointing to 10.0.0.12 except one host name which
points to 10.0.0.11. I've already done the following:

Things I've Tried:
Opening networker user on Client cannot find a server

RPCINFO -P from Networker Server to Client and Client to Networker
Server works fine.

Pinging Shortname, Longname and a reverse on IP address from Server to
Client works fine

Pinging Shortname, Longname and a reverse on IP address from Client to
Server works fine

Checking for all Aliases for 10.0.0.12 in DNS, all aliases for 10.0.0.12
are under the client object in Networker Administrator.

Restarted Networker Services on Server and Client.

The actual Error messages are reported below:

 Unsuccessful savesets

*yn.econ.ucdavis.edu:All 1 retry attempted

*yn.econ.ucdavis.edu:All nsrexec: authtype nsrexec

*yn.econ.ucdavis.edu:All savefs: RPC error: Unable to send

*yn.econ.ucdavis.edu:All savefs: cannot retrieve client resources

 savefs yn.econ.ucdavis.edu: failed

In addition the SQL Server group also failed and I received the
following errors

 Unsuccessful savesets

*yn.econ.ucdavis.edu:MSSQL: 1 retry attempted

*yn.econ.ucdavis.edu:MSSQL: Database MYDB backup level forced to full

*yn.econ.ucdavis.edu:MSSQL: Database MYDB1 backup level forced to full

*yn.econ.ucdavis.edu:MSSQL: Only full backup is supported on master
database

*yn.econ.ucdavis.edu:MSSQL: Database MYDB2 backup level forced to full

*yn.econ.ucdavis.edu:MSSQL: Database MYDB3  backup level forced to full

*yn.econ.ucdavis.edu:MSSQL: Database MYDB4 backup level forced to full

*yn.econ.ucdavis.edu:MSSQL: Database MYDB5 backup level forced to full

*yn.econ.ucdavis.edu:MSSQL:nsrsqlsv: Invalid group name SQL Server Group

Any ideas out there in Networker land?

W. Fischer